Friday 19 July 2013

Chocolate and Banana Bread

Fresh out of the oven and ready to be eaten!
Today I watched the highly animated Gino D'Acampo in his midday show Let's do Lunch with Gino and Mel (I know, I know). Anyway as I watched the flamboyant Italian chef strut his stuff this cake did catch my eye.


The chocolate banana bread has a savoury twist to it, using salted butter and a pinch of pepper. 

Delicious with a  cold glass of milk as seen on the show, or as a breakfast meal with a healthy spread of nutella. 

I shall be doing the latter as, foolishly I decided to bake this cake on a fast day (yes I am like the rest of the world on the 5:2 diet) and the smell wafting from the oven is driving me insane!!!

Close up of that banana-ey chcocolat-ey goodness

Here's the link to the recipe from the show and Happy Baking.

http://www.itv.com/letsdolunch/recipes/chocolate-banana-bread/


No comments:

Post a Comment