Monday 15 September 2014

5:2 Avocado Cucumber Soup

Another day another fast, another avocado recipe for you.

I've been trying to cut down on my meat intake after watching BBC Horizon's 'Should We Eat Meat' series so Avocado has been a bit of a fast day saviour for me as it's filling and full of good fats.

I found this idea for a chilled cucumber and avocado soup (370 Calories) in the fantastic Flavour Thesaurus. Topped with a protein rich egg, this soup is both filling and refreshing. 

The idea of egg and a green soup came from a creamy spinach soup I used to eat as a kid in Finland (Pinaattikeitto) it also adds much needed protein.

Ingredients

1 Medium Avocado - 286 Kcal (approx dependant on weight)
Half a Peeled and Deseeded Cucumber - 13 Kcal
Juice of Half a Lime
Pinch of Salt
1 Medium Egg - 71 kcal

Total - 370 Calories

1. Poach the egg. Meanwhile blend together the flesh of the avocado, the cucumber and the lime.

2. Pour content into a bowl and season to taste. Place your poach egg on top.

N.b. Because I have some calories left I'm going to add some crunch to the dish by crumbling in some Finncrisp (20 Kcal per slice). 
 Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment