Wednesday 22 October 2014

Banana Nut Granola

Hey guys. Apologies for the break in posts. Took a couple weeks off housesitting in the countryside and in the process lost my blogging mojo. Saying that, I'm now back on the wagon, and as I type this wonderful smells are wafting from the oven.

I wanted to get back into the swing of things with one of my favourite go to granolas. As i have mentioned a few times before... bananas tend to get over ordered online and end up sitting in the fruit bowl until they turn black and mushy and inedible.

So I've made it my missions to create as many mouldy banana friendly recipes as possible.

This banana nut granola is the best as it keeps for several weeks, unlike most of my banana bread recipes.

I also love me some breakfast granola, you can't go wrong with some greek yoghurt with some of this banana-ery crunchy treat on top.

Well, now we've got all the technicalities out of the way let's get to it!

Ingredients

3 Cups of Jumbo Oats

1 Cup Rye Oats (If you can't get hold of these just replace with another cup of jumbo oats)
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1 Banana (mashed)
1 Cup Pecans
1 Cup Almonds
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
1/4 Cup Honey
1/2 Cup Raisins
1/2 Cup Dried Apricots
1/4 Cup Banana Chips

1) Measure the dry ingredients into a bowl (minus the dried fruits). Then add the mashed banana and mix until full incorporated.

2) Add the oil and syrup and mix again. Spread evenly on a large tray and bake in the oven at 145c for around 40 minutes, or until a nice brown colour.

3) Remove from the oven and mix in the dried fruits. At this point feel free to add any kinds of dried fruits you like.

4) Attempt to exercise self control and allow to cool completely before you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment